When you have a baby, your priorities completely change. You want to make sure that he or she has the best of everything. This includes the best humidifier for Baby.
If you already have a humidifier in your home, it may or may not be helpful for your baby. You should learn more about exactly why your baby should have a humidifier, and then you can decide whether the one you have is good enough.
When it's the best humidifier for your baby, it can be of incredible value in your home. This is why you want to make sure that you pick one with all the right features and specifications. This way, you're making the right decision for yourself, your baby, and your entire family.
What Is a Humidifier?
Before deciding on the best humidifier for Baby, it's a good idea to know exactly what a humidifier is. In short, a humidifier is a machine that adds moisture to the air. This prevents dryness that can often cause irritation in parts of people's bodies.
Humidity can be very uncomfortable in the summer. But this isn't the case in the winter, when indoor humidity can be extremely low. It can be so low, in fact, that the lack of humidity can dry out a person's skin and mucous membranes.
Not only can a humidifier be good for a person by preventing dryness and discomfort. But it can be good for the house as well. Dry air can dry out wood in the structure of your home, causing your drywall and plaster to crack and your floors to creak.
Low humidity also increases static electricity, causing you to get that slight shock when you touch something metallic. It also makes it seem colder than it actually is in the winter.
Just by adding a little bit of water to the air, the best humidifier for Baby can be a great humidifier for your entire family and home!
How it works
There are many options when it comes to the best humidifier for Baby. Different types of humidifiers work in different ways.
The most common type of humidifier you'll find is an evaporative humidifier. Basically, it contains a reservoir that holds cold water and allows it to drip into a basin. There's a wicking filter that absorbs the water from the basin, and a fan will blow air through this filter into your home.
When the air passes through the filter, it causes some of the water to evaporate at that location. The higher the humidity in the surroundings, the harder it will be to cause that water to evaporate.
In this way, a humidifier is self-regulating; it won't cause the surrounding air to become excessively moist.
This type of humidifier is often called a vaporizer. It boils water and releases the steam into the room.
This is the simplest type of humidifier, and it's usually the least expensive. One advantage is that you can use a medicated inhalant in the machine if someone has a cough or cold.
In these machines, there's a rotating disc that'll fling water at a diffuser. The diffuser is shaped like a comb, and it'll then break the water into little droplets that go into your air. These droplets will appear as a cool fog coming out of the humidifier.
There's a metal diaphragm within this type of humidifier that vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency. This vibration creates water droplets. This type of humidifier emits a fog, and it's typically silent.
There are plenty of benefits that come with getting the best humidifier for Baby. These benefits can be good for everyone, not just your baby.
In the winter, influenza is a real risk. However, humidifiers could potentially reduce this risk. Researchers found that humidity levels over 40 percent were effective in deactivating virus particles, making them quite a bit less likely to be infectious.
People tend to cough a lot in the winter too, and a humidifier can make a cough more productive. Dry air can cause people to have dry and unproductive coughs, meaning that they can't release any phlegm. A humidifier can add moisture to a person's airways, making a cough more productive.
A humidifier can also help reduce allergy and asthma symptoms. It can also help diminish snoring issues, since dry air causes people's airways to lack the appropriate lubrication. Many people notice that their lips, skin, and hair become dry in the winter; a humidifier can help alleviate these issues as well.
Moisture that comes from a humidifier can also be good for any houseplants that you have. Wood floors and furniture can last longer as well if you make sure that the air doesn't become too dry.
However, humidifiers come with risks as well. Burns are the most common risk, particularly for children, so the best humidifier for Baby should be kept far away from said baby.
Humidifiers can also become dirty and emit microorganisms and minerals into the air. Make sure to keep your humidifier clean and always use clean water. For best results, you should use distilled water.
Why Is a Humidifier Good for Your Baby?
As we've already mentioned, one of the most important advantages of having a humidifier in your home is protection against dry air. Babies are actually much more susceptible to congestion than adults are, and the insides of their noses are more likely to crack and bleed as well.
A humidifier adds moisture to the air and creates better breathing conditions for your baby. If you get the best humidifier for Baby, your baby will be able to sleep comfortably. Even if he or she gets sick, the humidifier will help mucus loosen up more quickly.
Your baby's skin is also sensitive to dry air. The overly dry air in your house in the wintertime can lead to red patches on his or her skin, as well as chapped lips. If your baby has eczema or some other common skin condition, the dry air can exacerbate that as well. A humidifier can alleviate all of these problems.
Also, a humidifier can create white noise in your baby's nursery. The rhythmic hum of a humidifier can be comforting to your baby, reminding him or her of the whooshing sounds in the womb. It can help your baby sleep peacefully.
How We Came Up with the Following List
It might be hard to figure out what the best humidifier for Baby is in your specific situation. We made sure to include different humidifiers on our list, so that there's something for everyone.
In order to come up with the humidifiers on the list, we perused multiple sites that reviewed the best humidifier for Baby options. We chose the ones that appeared on different lists and had positive customer reviews on online retail sites, such as Amazon.
Best Humidifier for Baby: 8 Great Options
Anyone who's interested in the best humidifier for Baby has many options to choose from. The following are eight of them.
1. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
- Quiet Operation for Bedroom Use: Ultrasonic humidifiers are incredibly silent, produces less than 38 dB of noise;...
- 4L Tank Capacity, Works for All Night: Over a gallon of water lasts for 12-30 hour working time on a full tank; designed...
- Informative LED display: Built-in Humidistat tells you the current RH; Easily choose between three mist levels; Set your...
This is considered to be one of the best humidifiers out there. You can set it at either low, medium, or high speed. All of them are very quiet, especially the low speed.
It has a very large tank, with a 4-liter capacity. The built-in humidity meter can inform you about the current conditions of the room. It also has a sleep timer you can set at night, along with a sophisticated LED screen.
This item has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, which is one of the online retailers that offers it.
2. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier
- URPOWER New Version: The URPOWER Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is an upgraded version. The 2nd generation...
- Please use 100% pure essential oils with no corrosivity, Ultrasonic aroma essential oil diffuser is safe and does not...
- Outlet shouldn’t be inserted cord that exceeds the maximum voltage. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to...
This is a great option for anyone who's on a budget. It includes seven lamps that change color, as well as a nightlight. You can also program it to turn on and off.
This product is very quiet, so it won't wake your baby. It'll automatically shut off when it runs out of water. It also has two mist settings: continuous and intermittent.
Customers on Amazon, which is one of the many online retailers that offer this product, have given it a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
3. Honeywell HCM350W Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- Cool Mist Humidifier: Add cool moisture to dry air with this quiet humidifier. The 1 gallon tank runs up to 24 hours on...
- Filtered Cool Moisture:Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporative into the air...
- Honeywell Humidifiers: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing...
This humidifier pulls in dry air, and a fan blows moisture-balanced air out into the surroundings. The device has a lot of power and is great for medium-sized rooms. It kills 99 percent of mold and bacteria in the water.
This humidifier is about 25 percent quieter than competing models. Another major perk is that you can toss the parts into the dishwasher. You can also easily clean the inside of the water tank yourself.
This item has a rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, which is one of the many online retailers that have it available. Even though this rating is lower than our usual recommendations, this item appears on many review lists as one of the best humidifiers for baby and is an Amazon's Choice product.
4. Pure Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY: Safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can...
- 1.5-LITER WATER TANK: Provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- OPTIONAL NIGHT LIGHT: Offers soothing glow for maximum relaxation
This humidifier works with ultrasonic cool mist technology. You can have moisturized air in your baby's room for up to 16 hours. It is simple, yet appealing, and it can fit just about anywhere in your home.
The device comes with an optional night light that gives your baby a relaxing glow. You can also set it at either high or low speed. Since it's a cold mist humidifier, you don't have to worry about it spilling or burning anyone.
This item has a rating of 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars on Amazon, which is just one of the online retailers who carry it.
5. AnyPro Cool Mist Humidifier
- 【COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER HELPS YOU STAY HYDRATED THROUGH THE SEASONS】With autumn and winter come dry air, leaving us...
- 【UP TO 16 HOURS CONTINUOUS WORKING TO GUARD YOUR BREATH】2 Liter water tank capacity safely humidifies the air from...
- 【FLEXIBLE MIST LEVEL AND TIME CONTROLING MEETS DIFFERENT DEMANDS】The High / Low Mist levels adjust the mist output...
This device comes with a 3.5-liter tank. It also has a continuous mist control knob that allows you to control the amount of mist that it puts out.
It also has a night light that can either cycle through colors or stay on one, which is a nice bonus. There's also a small aromatherapy essential oil diffuser on the top, allowing you to add in a couple of drops of your favorite aroma.
You can find this item on various online retail sites, including Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
6. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
- VICKS WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER: This warm mist humidifier, for bedrooms, baby nurseries, kids bedrooms, or anyplace where...
- VICKS HUMIDIFIERS FOR KIDS, ADULTS: Humidifier diffuses 95% bacteria free mist into the air. Many women and men find...
- COUGH & CONGESTION RELIEF: When you or your kid has a cold, it can be difficult to sleep through the night. Humidifiers...
This is a great choice, as long as you can put it out of your baby's reach. It's a warm mist humidifier. The heat that it generates can kill germs within, but the hot steam can burn skin.
This humidifier has a capacity of 1 gallon and can run for about 24 hours. There's a medicine cup that you can fill with essential oils in order to reduce chest congestion. You can also adjust the flow of steam, and the tank is designed to empty completely in order to minimize any chance of bacterial growth.
You can find this item on various online retail sites, including Amazon. This item has a relatively low rating of 3.6 stars out of 5 stars on Amazon, but it appears on multiple lists with positive reviews and is an Amazon's Choice product.
7. TekJoy Cool Mist Humidifier
- Long-Lasting Relief: From stuffy nose to dry skin, our cool mist ultrasonic humidifier provides up to 24 hours with...
- Easy-Lifting Handle: Proudly designed in Switzerland. While other models leave refilling a hassle, our unique...
- Automatic Shut-off: We care about your safety. Automatic shut-off feature ensures you peace of mind when water runs out...
This humidifier has many great features. Though the tank is smaller than that of many other humidifiers, it's enough to get you through an entire night in most cases. You can actually set a timer to make it go off automatically after 4, 8, or 12 hours.
This humidifier is user-friendly. It comes with a cleaning brush and is very quiet. Many kids will love that it functions as a nightlight in addition to a humidifier.
This item has a rating of 4.9 stars out of a maximum of 5 stars on Amazon, which is just one of the many online retailers that offer it.
8. MIRO-NR07G Cool Mist Humidifier
- Sanitary washable design. Volcano Cap, Tea-Kettle Cap with noise muffler included.
- Miro's most powerful, and most DURABLE ultrasonic mist-maker yet. Capacity: 8hr. continuous operation at max-power....
- Refill the 1 gal.(4 liters) bowl without stopping operation
This is a great option that's easy to clean. It's completely washable, meaning you can dismantle it, scrub every part of it down, and then put it back together.
This is a tankless humidifier, meaning that the component that creates the mist floats inside a bowl of water. The water bowl is connected to the external control knob. Each of these devices comes with a selection of vapor caps, and you can refill the top opening water bowl while you're using the device.
If you have an interest in this item, you can find it on various online retail sites, including Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.2 out of a possible 5 stars.
Keep Your Sense of Humor Dry, But Only That!
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should invest in the best humidifier for Baby. There are plenty of benefits that come with having a good humidifier in your baby's room.
As a parent, your baby's health is probably the most important thing in the world to you. You only want the very best humidifier for his or her comfort, especially in the winter months.
It's definitely worth the time to do your research on the best humidifier for Baby that you can find. This can be good not only for your baby, but your entire family and home.
What do you think of our reviews on the options for the best humidifier for the baby? Let us know by leaving a comment!