You have a ton of inventions that will keep your baby occupied at your fingertips—books, mobiles, shapes, and sound toys, sometimes a clean sock. These things all require a heightened level of intellectual and physical energy on your part—ok, maybe not the sock. There one glorious invention designed to keep your baby safe, entertained and physically moving while allowing you to sit on the couch with a cup of coffee and stare lovingly over at her—the baby jumper.
1. What Is a Baby Jumper?
A little slice of heaven, that’s what. It allows your baby to stand with the help of a seat attached to a structure with some type of elastic bands. So, before he can stand or walk, he can get the feel of it in a baby jumper. That also means this will be his last phase before you end up following and chasing him all over the house, the yard, the mall, the… you get it. There are several types of jumpers to choose from:
- Doorway jumper—this is what many people imagine when they think baby jumper—it is a seat attached to elastic bands hung from a stabilizer you secure to a doorway
- Stationary jumper—just like the doorway jumper but it comes with its own frame so you can move it from room to room or even outside
- Activity centers—this is a compact jumper surrounded by all the bells and whistles—literally. These are ladened with rattles, mirrors, buttons to push, knobs to twist—a ton of fun, all while bouncing
2. Are Baby Jumpers Safe?
Yes. They’re as safe as anything else you put your baby in—stroller, high chair, etc. And just like those examples you need to keep your eye on your little one. Babies have a knack for wriggling into and out of things, so just keep one weary eye on him while he’s happily jumping around.
3. What Do They Do for Babies?
Your baby uses his legs to push himself up and down so it’s doing a couple of things. It helps him get a feel for what it’s like to be on his feet and get used to the idea. It also works those leg muscles preparing him for being a strong walker right from the get-go. You’ve got some foot races in your future.
4. When Should I Get One?
He should be crawling. There are age, height and weight recommendations and restrictions on the box of each kind. Check those guidelines and find the right one for your baby’s age and measurements.
HOW WE REVIEWED
We wanted you to have options in each type of baby jumper. We took into consideration how much fun they are, how much space they’ll take up, quality of construction and what kinds of extras each has. You’ve got the best of the best here and are sure to find one that will make both you and your baby happy.
Overall Price Range
Our products range from about $25 to about $100. The less expensive choices have fewer extras and take up less room. The pricier versions are bulkier because of the extra activities they make available.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
- Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper
- Fisher-Price Pink Petals Jumperoo
- Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper
- Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce & Learn
- Safari Jumper
- Merry Muscles Ergonomic Jumper
- Jolly Jumper – Stand for Jumpers and Rockers
- MINNIE MOUSE Peekaboo Activity Jumper
- Summer Infant Pop N’ Jump Portable Activity Center
Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
No products found.
This is a teeny tiny contained zoo themed party. Your baby sits in a springy chair while monkeys, elephants and all other kinds of zoo animals bring his senses alive. The seat swivels 360-degrees so he can get his hands on everything included on this plethora of fun. He can also keep his eyes on you no matter where you go in the room. That will make him as happy as the spinning alligator. There are no exposed springs and the steel base is smooth so nothing will harm his little fingers. The removable seat is wipeable and washable. The rest of the Jumperoo is BPA free.
Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper
- Captivates & cultivates your baby's curiosity
- Seat swivels 360 degrees so baby can choose activities
- 5 height settings grow with baby
They don’t call it baby Einstein for anything. This baby jumper also has a 360-degree swivel seat so he can become friends will all the neighborhood animals. This one will engage all of his senses for as long as he’d like it to. It features a light-up piano, 12 total activities, extra loops for you to hang his favorite toys and removable toys. The removable seat is washable and has five different height settings to grow with your baby. You can easily wipe down the frame and take this from room to room.
Fisher-Price Pink Petals Jumperoo
- Music, lights & sounds reward and encourage every bounce & jump
- Wheee! Seat spins 360 degrees so baby can discover all around
- Sturdy, free-standing steel frame lets baby jump safely – no doorway required
Well, it’s 100% adorable, first of all. This is another free-standing baby jumper so moving this from room to room is a breeze. All her senses will be engaged and she’ll get positive reinforcement for every jump she makes with music, light, and sound. It will be a glee fest as she discovers the bead bar, clicker, spinners, and mirror. This is an animal-themed baby jumper with a lion roller, butterfly teether, alligator clicker, and elephant bat. We can hear her giggles from here.
Evenflo Exersaucer Door Jumper
- Fits standard doorways 3-6 inches thick with firmly affixed door trim at least 1/2 inch wide
- Fully enclosed spring
- Frame seat fully surrounds child
This is a basic jumper but still gets a ton of laughs from babies. They design this to attach to a door frame and it will fit doorways 3-6 inches thick with ½ inch or greater door trim for the spring clamp to attach securely to. Your little tot will get a ton of exercise and help her balance before she takes off on her own. We love that this one is so lightweight and easy to store. PS—you can take this on vacation with you or send it to Grandma’s house for the much-needed weekend break.
Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce & Learn
- Provides baby with secure learn and play environment
- Gross motor skills, fine motor skills, object exploration, cause/effect learning, self-awareness, tactile development,...
- Physical exercise to develop baby's neck, back and leg muscles and improve gross motor skills
This plops your baby right in the middle of the action. The seat spins 360-degrees so she can play, bounce, rock and spin her way to greater dexterity and muscle development. This is a lighter weight than some other jumpers so it’s a great option for small spaces or for anyone’s house who can’t do a lot of heavy lifting. This has a lot of things to twist, push, pull and spin. Your baby will get a good workout while she explores all the gadgets and bright colored animal-themed gizmos attached.
No products found.
From the minute he sits down on the lion seat—yes, lion seat—he will be in jungle heaven. This self-contained baby jumper immerses your baby in a mini jungle. The wide base with rubber feet means it’s not going anywhere so why not enjoy snack time on the built-in snack tray with a cup holder? The activity center has light-up buttons of different shapes, music and different sounds to go along with the fun of bouncing all around. The seat rotates 360-degrees. Don’t forget to have your little one look up into the overhanging jungle!
Merry Muscles Ergonomic Jumper
- Scientifically Designed by an occupational therapist.
- Baby can exercise or just sit back and relax in comfort. Designed for safety--baby can't climb out!
- Baby's weight is supported by buttocks and upper thighs, without pressure on any vital organs.
This ergonomically correct baby jumper gives your baby all the support he needs to jump and rest in safety. An occupational therapist designed this so when your baby is at rest, his weight is supported by his buttocks and upper thighs while putting no pressure on any of his vital organs. They really put thought into this one—it’s positioned in a way that puts his weight on the soles of his feet and not his tiptoes which can help him learn correct heel to toe walking later on. Because this wraps your baby in plenty of support you can start him as young as three months in this exercise baby jumper.
Jolly Jumper – Stand for Jumpers and Rockers
- DEVELOP MOTOR SKILLS – The standing jumper helps build babies develop coordination, rhythm, strengthening muscles, and...
- EASY STORAGE and DIY – The portable stand folds flat for easy storage and does not consist of any tools for easy set...
- USE INDOORS OR OUTDOORS – Perfect for letting your baby stand outside during while the suns out or inside to practice...
This performs like a door frame baby jumper but comes with its own frame. This is ideal for babies who want a lot of freedom and don’t want to be contained in a chair surrounded by a lot of colors and sounds—some babies can get overwhelmed. This jumper has a lot of action in the spring so your baby will have a ton of fun figuring out the timing of jumping and how to get it just right. The frame folds down for easy storage so you don’t have to commit to the larger frame being in one room because it’s easy to store. They design the saddle-style seat to alleviate pressure from your baby’s spine.
Minnie Mouse PeekABoo Activity Jumper
- Minnie’s peek-a-boo baby jumper magically makes giggles
- Seat rotates alllll the way around for 360-degree fun
- 12 toys and activities with extra toy loops
This is a great way to bring the happiest place on earth to your living room. Just like Disneyland, there’s a new surprise everywhere she looks. The seat rotates all the way around so she won’t miss a minute of Minnie’s action or yours. This baby jumper has 12 activities to enjoy and extra toy loops if that’s just not enough for your little princess. When your baby jumps, she gets an award of lights, sound and music to encourage her to keep her activity level up. The seat is machine washable, and the rest is easily wiped down.
Summer Infant Pop N’ Jump Portable Activity Center
- Lightweight folding frame comes fully assembled, unfolds in seconds, and features 3-levels of height adjustment
- Jumping support seat can be easily removed and machine washed
- Toys include spinner ball, rattle, teether and mirror book.
This one begs for picnics, beach days or an afternoon at the park. It’s super lightweight and is easily foldable to travel just about anywhere you go. Once you put your baby in the seat, she will have a spinner ball, rattle, teether and mirror book to keep her occupied while a UV canopy protects her from the sun’s harmful rays. None of the parts on this baby jumper will rust, crack or break even in really hot temperatures making this a great choice for families who spend a lot of time outside during summer months.
You can’t go wrong with any of the jumpers we reviewed. It all depends on how you will use it and how mobile you want it to be.
The Best Jumper for the Minimalist
Merry Muscles Ergonomic Jumper. This will allow your baby to jump and learn the muscle coordination of all the others but ensure he’s completely safe and comfortable while bouncing. You can easily take this with you when you travel or even just room to room. We also like this one because babies as young as three months can safely use this and get comfortable with the feel of balance.
The Best Jumper for All-around Fun
The Safari Jumper. You had us at lion seat. This is a great baby jumper for kids who want to interact without being overwhelmed. Your baby will get the 360-degree turning seat, some lights, and sound but the colors are soothing and subtle. We really like the built-in snack tray and cup holder too.
The Best Bells and Whistles Baby Jumper
The Minnie Mouse PeekABoo Activity Jumper. There really is a surprise around every corner in this Disney themed jumper. Minnie Mouse has her earprint on every piece of this. There’s even an electronic toy station complete with Minnie sounds and lights. The 12 activities should keep her busy but if that’s not enough you can add her favorite toys to give her an even bigger selection.
The Overall Favorite
The Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper. This is full of primary colors and activities to engage all her senses. There are lights to reward for pushing buttons, sounds to reward bounces and a patchwork of other engaging activities—12 to be exact. This seat also rotates all the way around so she can see all three activity areas.
Whichever you and your baby choose will set you both up for hours and hours of learning and fun. They will only be this young once, so don’t forget to take a ton of pictures mid bounce!